Best practice insights and top tips to enable you to operate at your best
What is CLIMB Spotlight
CLIMB Spotlight comprises a series of modules each designed to provide bite-sized learning that works with our wider CLIMB programme. Each module is one hour long and offers the latest thinking and practical application guidance. The aim is to focus the ‘Spotlight’ on six key topics and give those attending the sessions the tools to apply the principles within their own role. CLIMB Spotlight can help individuals to develop in their careers and assist their wider team in achieving overall team goals.
CLIMB Spotlight works hand in hand with CLIMB One to One – providing tailored one on one support delivered by our experienced team of coaches.
CLIMB Spotlight Modules:
1. Mind over matter: using stress to boost your performance
Gain a deep understanding of how stress can, when managed effectively, have a positive impact on how we function in the workplace. This module looks at how perceived stress leads to the release of chemicals in the body to trigger improved energy, alertness, and memory, which all result in sustained levels of high performance.
- Activating our parasympathetic nervous system to release ‘happy hormones’ for effective working
- Working with our personal stress ‘bell curve’ for maximum effectiveness and cognitive robustness
- Developing practical day to day habits and routines to effectively manage stressful situations and achieve a positive outcome.
2. Great expectations: managing self and others for better results
How clarity on the expectations we set for ourselves and mutually agree with others is the starting point for high trust relationships. This module explores a number of expectation-setting approaches that can be used within a range of situations both professionally and personally.
- Stakeholder mapping to identify the different levels of influence, power, impact, urgency, and legitimacy
- Using empathy to identify the ‘pains and gains’ of others to gain awareness of their needs and wants
- Exploring the Thomas Kilman model for identifying the best ways to manage inter-personal conflict within relationships.
3. Time management fundamentals: how to work smarter not harder!
Taking control of the most precious resource: time. The module takes a practical look at our time demands and explores tried and tested planning tools, as well as discovering the latest time management applications required for smart working within a hybrid environment.
- Defining what is Urgent verses what is Important with the Eisenhower Matrix
- Prioritisation best practice using the Effort v Impact grid to nail your daily and weekly to do list
- How to manage procrastination and ‘time stealers’ by developing a set of time management habits and routines.
4. Thinking differently: the power of positivity
Developing a positive mindset and a consistent proactive language to think differently and communicate more effectively with others, while gaining the widely observed health benefits of positive thinking.
- How to make the shift from ‘learned helplessness’ to ‘learned optimism’ by using positive language to reflect and re-enforce proactive thinking
- Understanding the science behind positive thinking and the impact that negative self-talk has on our wellbeing and resilience
- Work with the PERMA model to identify how thinking and acting positively at work connects directly to wellbeing and sustained levels of high performance within the organisation.
5. Being your best self; be bold, be brave, be brilliant!
Developing your best self and setting up for success in all situations. This module focuses on how we can build our confidence, assertiveness and personal impact through the skills, behaviours, and knowledge we gain during the CLIMB.
- How each area of the CLIMB can help to build our self confidence
- What confidence actually is and how we can develop it in and outside of the workplace
- Developing your personal impact to display both courage and consideration when interacting with others for win-win outcomes.
6. Taking back control: exercise your freedom to choose
Enabling everyone to execute daily workloads with excellence by working exclusively within their sphere of influence. The module identifies how we can all make daily good choices by working within a framework of freedom and by developing our personal autonomy.
- How to move out of our Circle of Concern and expand into our Circle of Influence
- Managing and keeping commitments and promises to ourselves and others
- Making balanced decisions – using our head, heart, and gut.
What can I expect?
- One-hour impactful presentations
- Presentations repeated throughout the year to maximise availability
- Top tips and actions to take away (you may want to record these on your CLIMB Action Plan Lite)
- An understanding of how to put theory into practice
- An opportunity to ask questions and to clarify
- Handouts relating to the session content
- An opportunity to explore the topics more fully in CLIMB One to One if you choose to do so.